Girls JV Volleyball
First - I would like to formally welcome Peter Leon Guerrero as Varsity Assistant and Kaelyn Miller as the JV Coach. All of us will be working together to keep growing CHS volleyball.
Second - The MPSSAA has announced today (August 3, 2020) that the Fall Season is postponed. Please follow the link to the full release: https://www.mpssaa.org/mpssaa-roadmap-for-the-return-of-interscholastic-athletics-and-activities/
Questions/concerns? Contact Head Coach Mike Gimon at
Google Voice: ?(301) 744-9158 (text or voicemail)
Meetings and updates will be posted on our twitter page: @VolleyballChsaa
and our Google website: https://sites.google.com/aacps.org/chesapeake-volleyball
You will need an AACPS login to view.
As of today, try-outs begin August 12 and will run through August 14 with practice starting Saturday August 15th. Times will be posted shortly.
What will it take to make the team?
Returning players – What is expected of you at try-outs to make the team?
- Show improvement in your position of choice.
- Show improvement in your volleyball IQ.
- Show improvement in your skills.
- Give off positive vibes.
- Show leadership. Invite new players on to the court. Share advice and information. Help guide new/struggling players through the try-out process and later through the season.
New players – What is expected of you at try-outs to make the team?
- Serve (overhand preferable)
- Forearm pass
- Be willing to take a risk, make a mistake publicly, listen to the constructive criticism to correct it and implement the advice.
- Give off positive vibes. Look and act like you are having fun and want to be there.
- Leave your cell phone on silent and in your bag. Do not take it out without a coach’s permission until our time together is up.
- Go after every ball. Give it your all-out best effort every time.
- Be willing to try something new. Whether it is a position or technique.
More information to follow. Keep up to date and come back regularly and follow us on twitter.